|Posted on 21 July, 2015 at 9:00|
Successful change requires:
Winning Mindset & Why Change
1. List all of the reasons that you want to change. The benefits of the change and the long-term consequences of remaining as you are.
2. Every night before you fall asleep, and each morning as you wake, spend a few minutes visualising yourself as if the change has already occurred, Connect to the benefits you receive once the change has occurred – what do you see? Who is there with you? If you don’t see anything, that’s ok. What do you hear? What do you feel? Connect with whatever is right for you.
1. What are your top 3 areas for improvement that will help complete the desired change – e.g. skills, knowledge areas. E.g. for weight loss, these might be food, physical activity and handling emotions such as stress, effectively.
2. Break down the areas into small steps. Decide what 3 small steps you will focus on for a period of time, e.g. today, for the week, until completed.
1. Gain support for your change family, friends etc. Getting the right support can make a difference to the ease and success of life changes. Have strategies for dealing with enablers – those people that encourage you to stay as you are.
2. Have an accountability support structure. E.g. a coach or friend that will ensure you are completing the actions you have committed to.
3. Find mentors that have already achieved great results, you can learn from, and to keep you motivated.